Packaging Know-How for the peak season
5 big packaging mistakes that will see failure in the Peak season
It sounds incredibly sad however the peak season, the lead up to Christmas will be soon upon us. Within this period planning and forecasting is everything. Which is why you need to start now.
1. Failure to Plan: We think this is a very good place to start, plan exactly what is required for the packaging of each product. Before the busy season starts you should know exactly the average time that it takes to pack each product, once you know this you can experiment with packaging machines or other packing equipment to decide whether this will assist in speeding up this process. This will then give you valued information for the forecasting for the dispatching of orders and lead times of future orders.
2. Understanding your demand: This goes hand in hand with planning, this is somewhere where even the largest of large companies can come unstuck. Review you figures from the same quarter the previous year with any expectations of growth or reductions this will help to give you an understanding of what will be required.
3. Innovate where possible: The Packaging Industry is so large, whether you are a manufacturer, importer or have an online presence there will be a requirement for packaging in some form. However, there are very few packaging companies out there that are actually innovating. The biggest reason for this is that it is cheaper to have a one size fit all packaging.
4. Be smart and respectful about Packaging: The biggest mistake that is being made at the moment is that packaging is only being considered within companies for just their own benefit i.e. the one size fits all situations. The largest retailer in the world has been guilty of this, Amazon are under more pressure to reduce their packaging size and waste. How can you be respectful to packaging? The respect comes when considering if the packaging is the right size for the product and how easy it is for your customer to discard the packaging. We have all been there trying to stuff empty pizza boxes into bins, it isn’t enjoyable.
5. Be prepared for all Outcomes: This is where Packaging Supplies comes into its own. You need to see our warehouse as an extension of your own. Stock and call off is so essential at this point once we have it in stock, we can dispatch it to you on a next day delivery basis . It gets even easier with your own customer log in, giving you instant stock checks and an online ordering platform through the back office of our website.